Is it time to pass a drug test? This is usually a sign of something good in your life (like a new job or a promotion), and we know you don’t want to blow it. The first question we are always asked is, “How long does weed stay in my system?” Unfortunately, there is no short answer to this because there are many variables, but in the blog, we’ll give you a quick, handy reference guide that you can bookmark and refer back to. And once you know the answers, you’ll be able to determine whether or not you need a THC Detox Kit.
There is no cut and dry answer for how long THC can be detected due to the number of variables both in people and in marijuana. Here’s what to think about when figuring out how long it will take you to detox the weed out of your system:
- How often you use marijuana: the more you use it, the more THC there is to detox!
- How much marijuana you use: there’s a difference in smoking one joint once a day and smoking three joints once a day.
- The strength of strain: the more potent the strain, the more THC it contains — which means the more THC is in your body.
- Personal factors: age, gender, and Body Mass Index all matter because they determine how you metabolize marijuana as well as how long it’s stored (since THC compounds are stored in fat cells)
Saliva testing is not frequently used because it can only detect when weed has been smoked or ingested. This report states that weed in saliva can be detected for 1-3 days for light users and 1-29 days for heavy users.
While it’s not as popular as urine testing, you may have blood drawn when it’s time to pass a drug test. According to Healthline, “weed is typically detectable in the blood for 1 to 2 days. However, in some cases, it’s been detected after 25 days. Chronic heavy use increases the length of time that it can be detected.”
If you have to pass a drug test, it’s most likely you’ll be asked for a urine specimen. Mayo Clinic Proceedings report the following amount of time that weed stays in your system:
- Occasional users (up to three times a week): 3 days
- Moderate users (four times a week): 5 to 7 days
- Chronic users (daily): 10 to 15 days
- Chronic heavy users (multiple times a day): more than 30 days
Almost all stoners do not want to face a marijuana hair test because THC can stick around in hair follicles for the longest amount of time — up to 90 days. However, the good news is that marijuana hair testing is, in most cases, the least common form of drug testing due to the expense involved.
No matter what kind of marijuana drug test you’re facing, our detox kits can help you pass it. We have a 2-day THC Detox Kit and a 5-day THC Detox Kit to choose from. Both contain pharmaceutical-grade, all-natural ingredients that help the body gently, safely, and effectively detox THC. Give yourself peace of mind — shop for a THC Detox Kit now >